In 1977, the king of Rock n’ roll, Elvis Presley, died. This also happened to be at the height of Super 8, and the king left a huge legacy in this format.
It is not very often we in the film collectors community are treated with a new hardcover book. But Vince Wright, a long time Elvis collector and former Derann employee, has just given us such a book dedicated to Elvis on 8mm.
In this new episode of the Humming Projector Podcast I talk to Vince about Elvis and his new book 8mm Elvis, a fantastic book for both avid film collectors and Elvis collectors who want to learn more about Elvis on this format.
As always, you can listen to the episode on our website. You can also find it on Spotify, Pocket Casts, Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.
Topics in this episode:
- Why the interest in Elvis?
- How did his death affect the Elvis community?
- How did he get the idea to write the book, and how was the process?
- The foreword by Ged Jones
- The cover design that have a clear resemblance to certain releases.
- What will you find in the book?
- Fan filming and preserving of the history
- What did Vince learn while working on this book?
- Where can you buy the book?
The book cover